I recently try to edit a victim character

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

quatersz

I recently try to edit a victim character

Post by quatersz »

Hi, I recently try to edit myself a character, and I have some questions for editing.
Now I'm tring to edit character that is compatible for Murakami Mob, and I have got some problems.

Q1: How to find aggressor's code in cns?
I have read that aggressor have a trigger that make victim into certain 'state' for Kuromaru which was about 18300~
but when I tried to find this code in Murakami Mob, I can't find any.

Q2:What should I do if the current animation is in same group?
Since I can't find aggressor's code, I looked up on Murakami Mob's [Hit By ~] animation.
I realized that Murakami's [Hit By~] sprite number(, or group) was effecting my character's compatibilty.
I tried to edit same number of spirte of character since the current sprite and animation was not comptible for Murakami Mob's move,
but it did not work for me.

Q:3 Can I force my character to change state by using trigger?
Since I can't edit, and can't find any code. Can I force my character to change state by using trigger?
I have seen that using triggers can change state. For example when aggressor make 'A move' ,
using my character's cns file, adding trigger can comptible with 'A move'.

Does anyone have link or example for any of this question?
please let me know in comment. Thanks!
UmbreonLover

Re: I recently try to edit a victim character

Post by UmbreonLover »

Your question is answer as follow
  1. The best way to find any aggressor code is through command line ".cmd"
    • Why? Because no matter what language the character is written, the action
      remains the same and easy to follow it.
  2. As a creator, you can do whatever you like to do, there's no right or wrong way
    to do your work, but, if your only editing to support some chars You will need to move
    that group into a different number, and manually changed all the number that involved
    that group, in addition to making that victim group part of the aggressor code.
  3. Yes, you can force your character to change into a different state, but chances are as follow:
    • Aggressors are most likely to give you a soft lock. Mizulugu and Gettag are the only creator who
      doesn't give you a soft lock even if you force yourself out of it. (And I'm not talking about the force standing pose btw)
    • Glitches might happen that would make the aggressor be stick to the character. Again, Mizu and GT
      characters doesn't give you those problem.
Your document inside mugen is your best friend, because there's no "tutorial" available for that, and the reason behind it? There's no rule in sex standard pose for any victim poses. Each person is different, and each number is extremely different from one to another, this also include size.
quatersz

Post by quatersz »

Thanks for the comment! It will be really helpful for my edit.
Another question I have is on question 2.

a. If I move current group into other, should I change cns that contains group?

b. After I moved that group, will moved group work propley?
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

quatersz wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:53 am Thanks for the comment! It will be really helpful for my edit.
Another question I have is on question 2.

a. If I move current group into other, should I change cns that contains group?

b. After I moved that group, will moved group work propley?
If you moved everything correctly, the character should work just fine, and if you missed a
few; the character will go into a freeze sprite, but once hit, or finished
(The statedef that person is in) , the character returns to normal.

Example:
► Show Spoiler
Plan B
► Show Spoiler