Both characters move out of screen during dengeki

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

SakuriKunikai

Both characters move out of screen during dengeki

Post by SakuriKunikai »

Hi, there is some glitch that I'd like to know more about.

During "dengeki" (multipose) by kur0maru or during similar move by Bao, with some of poses I encounter a glitch that makes both R and V characters slowly move out of the screen, while their reflection on the stage moves the opposite way.

I suspect this might be because of older mugen base, however I wonder if that can be somehow fixed instead of just going to 1.1-based version.
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Re: Both characters move out of screen during dengeki

Post by BobbySharks »

Do you have any reason, what-so-ever, not to use 1.1?
SakuriKunikai

Post by SakuriKunikai »

Initially I've got both "Queen of Fighter" installs from HCM website, and I liked 1.0-based more (as it was already in english, didn't have loud as hell pop music in menu, etc. etc.) so I started to use it instead as "main platform".

I guess I could move character folders and copypaste list of names into select.def to make the "upgrade".

However this seems like "easy fix" or something, som I'm much more curious what the hell is that glitch and why exactly it happens. And those characters don't seem to mention anything like this in readme (so they should work in 1.0 as usual), which is why it calls for "investigation time".

:idea:
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

SakuriKunikai wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:02 am Hi, there is some glitch that I'd like to know more about.

During "dengeki" (multipose) by kur0maru or during similar move by Bao, with some of poses I encounter a glitch that makes both R and V characters slowly move out of the screen, while their reflection on the stage moves the opposite way.

I suspect this might be because of older mugen base, however I wonder if that can be somehow fixed instead of just going to 1.1-based version.
Please add a screenshot of this fact, in order to understand this situation even more.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

SakuriKunikai wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 pm Initially I've got both "Queen of Fighter" installs from HCM website, and I liked 1.0-based more (as it was already in english, didn't have loud as hell pop music in menu, etc. etc.) so I started to use it instead as "main platform".

I guess I could move character folders and copypaste list of names into select.def to make the "upgrade".

However this seems like "easy fix" or something, som I'm much more curious what the hell is that glitch and why exactly it happens. And those characters don't seem to mention anything like this in readme (so they should work in 1.0 as usual), which is why it calls for "investigation time".

:idea:
That's because 95% of them are too lazy to type down a "readme.txt" or bother to explain that "this character is only used by X version.
Sometimes, 1.1 or below doesn't fully work with certain characters, because it was made under the new programming language of Itsumademo Kanseishinai Eienni Mikansei ENgine; known as I.K.E.M.E.N.

So~! you will have to randomly guess if "this" character works best in 1.0, 1.1, or IKEMEN.
I visit this forum when I remember I exist!
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

SakuriKunikai wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:02 am Hi, there is some glitch that I'd like to know more about.

Reading the description of the problem you have I think I know what you are talking about.
It happened to me when I put a screenpack to my mugen 1.1, what happened was that when an aggressor made his special move with a victim both moved little by little to the side to the point of reaching the corner of the stage.
but with kuromaru press and miyako what happened was more funny because both literally came out of the ground or sometimes the animation of both began to shake and move to the side or even worse some aggressors floated off the stage.
what I did was to copy the screenpack back to the mugen and I noticed that I had missing files to copy, then I changed the resolution to the mugen to 1280x720 and installed the 4gb patch.
that's when I tried the aggressors and victims who gave me problems again and they finally stopped leaving the stage or having shaky animations.
it was because I installed the screenpack wrong that was giving me problems and also because I saw that I was missing the commons file.