how do i add a character?

Tutorials about compatibility, tools, etc

Moderator: Moderator

TheRedPlayer_

how do i add a character?

Post by TheRedPlayer_ »

Im on the 2013 version and i cant add a character. I used the format the select gave me and put the zip file in char but when i load up the game it dosent pop up, help?
Shiren1223

Re: how do i add a character?

Post by Shiren1223 »

you gotta drag the character's file you want to add to the char file in the mugen folder, you have to make sure you save any changes to the select
TheRedPlayer_

Post by TheRedPlayer_ »

(eg. kuromaruplus) i unzip the kuromaruplus file into char, then go to data/select and add kuromaruplus.zip, stages/Wall.def. i go into the game and the character isnt there, did i do something wrong??
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

TheRedPlayer_ wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:56 pm (eg. kuromaruplus) i unzip the kuromaruplus file into char, then go to data/select and add kuromaruplus.zip, stages/Wall.def. i go into the game and the character isnt there, did i do something wrong??
If you unzipped the folder, than its no need to add ".zip"

Select.def
kuromaruplus

;I believe adding the stage is this way, again don't know much about adding stage with char
kuromaruplus,stages/Wall.def.
TheRedPlayer_

Post by TheRedPlayer_ »

UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:51 pm
TheRedPlayer_ wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:56 pm (eg. kuromaruplus) i unzip the kuromaruplus file into char, then go to data/select and add kuromaruplus.zip, stages/Wall.def. i go into the game and the character isnt there, did i do something wrong??
If you unzipped the folder, than its no need to add ".zip"

Select.def
kuromaruplus

;I believe adding the stage is this way, again don't know much about adding stage with char
kuromaruplus,stages/Wall.def.
thx helped alot