How to make a victim character compatible with agressor character?

Tutorials about compatibility, tools, etc

Moderator: Moderator

peachwhims

Re: How to make a victim character compatible with agressor character?

Post by peachwhims »

Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:58 pm You made a victim from scratch? my respects to you I’ve never made a victim, I just edit victims to my liking and give them more compatibility. But I’m impressed that you said you did the sprites for a victim. That’s what I consider the hardest to do.
not from scratch theres this character i like, the reason theyre personal use is because i dont wanna share a lewd edit of someones char without their permission... and im too embarrassed to ask for permission lol

anyway their sprites were very limited so i did kinda have to draw the lewd sprites almost entirely from scratch, but i do digital art for a living and pixel art is something I've done before, so it wasnt that hard, just a bit time consuming
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

Wow that's impressive, after reading the above you wrote I got motivated and tried a few victim sprites for a character.
It took me a long time but it turned out better than I expected.
What I can't do is edit an agressor like I do with the victims.
they are very complex.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

Zeb2345 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:54 pm You mean that there is a way to modify it but I tend because you tell me that it will be "laborious" all these codes are taken from a .txt called "cns9_Baomaru_cns.txt" of ryona bridget, which if I'm not wrong is here in HCM but it happens that the HCM version has a bug in an animation that makes the victim disappear.

Why do I do it, because I want to be able to modify aggressors as I do with the victims, but it just never works and according to what many people tell me it is very complicated to modify an aggressor as I want.
Zeb2345 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:09 am What I can't do is edit an agressor like I do with the victims.
they are very complex.
The only reason people find it complicated, is because Baomaru, as well as Kuro; are the old ways of programming (Yes, messy and sloppy) while over using StateDef to archive its goal, but once you break everything down, and have a great understanding in codes. You can tell the statement apart and modified as you wished. A good example of old messy coding is from Kuro that uses like about 20 StateDef just to do a single grab.

Code: Select all

attempt grab is 6001
if grabbed take victim to something like 255***
than take victims to 60** while always entering into 600* to update process
change speed using an increment
Cumming in 65**
Using a random to see if victims is drop or continues on (IF AI)
when all of this can be done in a single StateDef without having to write too much coding.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

Interesting, you mean that the codes to make an agressor do not necessarily have to be extensive and full of a lot of states.
but that there are other simpler codes?
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

Zeb2345 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:11 am Interesting, you mean that the codes to make an agressor do not necessarily have to be extensive and full of a lot of states.
but that there are other simpler codes?
Every coder/programmer are different from one to another, but when you see a lot of useless codes, or a full on
copy&pasted similar to Kuro/bao. Then they are "trying to hide it" or they don't really know how to code it and
took it from someone else.

If you want a clean understanding on how to do it; Mizulugu Corrupted Umbreon is your best option to learn.

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/Mizulugu/status/1531305818343280641
StateDef 999 is the attempt while StateDef 1000 is the aggressor and Statedef 1100 is the victim

1.4 is an old version and may not explain how each code works. Plus? he hates that version and planning to rebuilding that feature
better due to lock animation that may, or may not happen to people. (AI's / Helper's can't break free)

1.5 is where you will find a lots of information on how to approach it, or modified him in your own desire.

July 11 was suppose to be the release of 1.5, but due to his AC unit breaking down and costing him another
$1300 for repair. Heavy delays are happening while he's suffering through this extreme hot weather.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

Perfect.
It's just what I needed. An agressor that I will at least understand how it works.
I appreciate it buddy, I'll see what I can do.
Thanks a lot.