How to make a victim character compatible with agressor character?

Tutorials about compatibility, tools, etc

Moderator: Moderator

Abebra

How to make a victim character compatible with agressor character?

Post by Abebra »

I'm making an nsfw victim character on a kfm template. (My first character ever), and i want to make some basic kuromaru compatibility. Idk how though.

I somewhat understand mugen character "scripting", but states still confuse me a little.

I thought I'd manage to copy-paste code from other characters, but i'm lost in the endless number of states they have. Japanese/gibberish comments in the code don't help either.

Can someone explain how it's done to me, or at least send me in the right direction?
Tetchi

Re: How to make a victim character compatible with agressor character?

Post by Tetchi »

If you want to make a victim mode char compatible, you don't need any code, you just need to make the sprites so that it's what you want to see when the attack is performed.

In summary:

1. Create/edit the sprites to your liking.

2. Place them in the SFF, in the groups that the attacking char requires.

3. Make the animation declarations in the AIR file.

4. Enjoy.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
Abebra

Post by Abebra »

Tetchi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:18 pm 2. Place them in the SFF, in the groups that the attacking char requires.
How do i know which group would it require? Is there any way to know it other than analyzing other victim characters' animations?

I'm still very new to mugen character editing, so there are some things i just don't know
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Unfortunately there is no universal guide or something similar, you need to find out what animations you need to declare to make the char compatible, observing animations of victims in AIR file or of the aggressor himself, verify the CNS code and AIR file to have it as an example and make your groups in it. SFF file and animations in AIR file.

There's no other way.

It is not very difficult, but if you are starting if you are going to find setbacks, but it will take practice doing it, cheer up.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
komadreja

Post by komadreja »

Tetchi wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:18 pm If you want to make a victim mode char compatible, you don't need any code, you just need to make the sprites so that it's what you want to see when the attack is performed.

In summary:

1. Create/edit the sprites to your liking.

2. Place them in the SFF, in the groups that the attacking char requires.

3. Make the animation declarations in the AIR file.

4. Enjoy.
I already have the animation groups but I need to know in which part of the CMD they are changed

an example would be

minotaur animation code: 1631
lieselotte animation code: 15908

Where in the cmd do I find the codes to change them for these?
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

I also ask the same question.
I mean more specifically that when I check the .cns file of some agressor I see that in the codes that change the state of some victims there are codes of some animations that I recognize.
like the code 19230 then I change it to for example 19234.
But when I run the debug mode in mugen to test the codes requested by the agressor still requesting the code 19230 which is supposed to be changed by a 19234, then I do not understand why by more codes that I delete or change the agressor still requesting the same animation codes.
I just don't understand it.

But when I edit the animations of the victims everything works and comes out perfectly, so why I can not change the animation codes requested by the agressors.
KotBehemot

Post by KotBehemot »

Zeb2345 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:34 am I also ask the same question.
I mean more specifically that when I check the .cns file of some agressor I see that in the codes that change the state of some victims there are codes of some animations that I recognize.
like the code 19230 then I change it to for example 19234.
But when I run the debug mode in mugen to test the codes requested by the agressor still requesting the code 19230 which is supposed to be changed by a 19234, then I do not understand why by more codes that I delete or change the agressor still requesting the same animation codes.
I just don't understand it.

But when I edit the animations of the victims everything works and comes out perfectly, so why I can not change the animation codes requested by the agressors.
It's quite possible that the animation 19230 is being called by that specific function? Some animations get reused for multiple states, as well as there is a chance that Aggressor might request multiple animations, based on what Victim has.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

That must be it, although the truth is I am not sure but what frustrates me is that I have tried to change all the states that I consider that are related to the state that the aggressor uses but it never works, what I would like is that I could modify the .cns file at my whim so that the aggressor asks for the sprite groups that I want but it never works, I do not understand well how an agressor works or how it is possible that it works.
I even see sometimes that there are aggressors that change the victim to a state that does not exist neither in the .cns of the victim nor in the .cns of the aggressor so I do not understand how it is possible that an agressor works.
KotBehemot

Post by KotBehemot »

Zeb2345 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:29 am That must be it, although the truth is I am not sure but what frustrates me is that I have tried to change all the states that I consider that are related to the state that the aggressor uses but it never works, what I would like is that I could modify the .cns file at my whim so that the aggressor asks for the sprite groups that I want but it never works, I do not understand well how an agressor works or how it is possible that it works.
I even see sometimes that there are aggressors that change the victim to a state that does not exist neither in the .cns of the victim nor in the .cns of the aggressor so I do not understand how it is possible that an agressor works.
I mean, not every Victim has every State, but usually the Aggressor changes Victim to the custom State in the Aggressor's filed. It's the Animation that could be sourced from either Victim or Aggressor.

Can you say which Aggressor you're referencing? Or at least which State?
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

KotBehemot wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:02 am
Zeb2345 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:29 am That must be it, although the truth is I am not sure but what frustrates me is that I have tried to change all the states that I consider that are related to the state that the aggressor uses but it never works, what I would like is that I could modify the .cns file at my whim so that the aggressor asks for the sprite groups that I want but it never works, I do not understand well how an agressor works or how it is possible that it works.
I mean, not every Victim has every State, but usually the Aggressor changes Victim to the custom State in the Aggressor's filed. It's the Animation that could be sourced from either Victim or Aggressor.

Can you say which Aggressor you're referencing? Or at least which State?
I mean a 6001 state that I always see in baomaru agressors like ryona bridget, brian, etc. these are the codes:

;バオ●624必殺投げ(派生なげ)
[StateDef 4501]
type = S
movetype = A
phsyics = S
poweradd = 50
velset = 6,0;4,0;6,0;0,0
anim = 4001
ctrl = 0

[State 4501, 1]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = time > 0