What would it take for H-Mugen to go multiplayer?

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

KarissaPresents

What would it take for H-Mugen to go multiplayer?

Post by KarissaPresents »

I'm just curious. I presume that doing so would require more resources than this community has to offer. But does anyone with more technical experience know what it would take to turn Queen of Fighters/h-mugen into an online multiplayer game against other players around the world. It seems like a fun idea.
Ellye

Re: What would it take for H-Mugen to go multiplayer?

Post by Ellye »

Nowadays the easiest way to do this is to simply use game streaming (like Parsec or similar).
This way only the "host" needs to have the game, and it should work nicely.

I play a lot of fighting games via streaming, and with a good internet connection this actually tends to be way better than most netcodes.
Profile picture image by @artofsachi
Buki

Post by Buki »

Probabaly a mugen build specifically made with aggressors that have struggle bars your futa rbs/bts current gettag edits
Average Futa Sanae enjoyer
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

That's a pretty complicated thing to ask for and even more so to impliment. People play H Mugen for different reasons, and some people may be looking to just fap to a fight seeing who can get to who first. Some people would have no interest in the victim being able ot break free, as they would defeat the purpose for them.

Others would be in it purely for the fighting, and would claim any sexual grapple that doesn't deal set damage to be broken, and then the people that wanna see those sex scenes would complain they're too short and have no control over their length.

The matter of reducing an opponent's health bar to 0 isn't always the goal of an H Mugen player (heck, it's only ever the whole when the victim has K.O. sprites or you're ready to advance to the next character in Arcade mode)

One person may be enjoying the moment, and the enemy breaks a grapple or a something similar: defeats the purpose. And those wanting more of a 50/50 fight/fuck may be irritated at the contant "Grappling" and lack of actual fighting, they want a balance.

It then gets to a point where we gotta ask, what's the difference between playing Multiplayer H Mugen online with a human vs playing H Mugen solo offline with an A.I. controlled opponent?

You both have a chance to fight/fuck the other, how is a human player going to utulize their character in any more meaningful way than the A.I.?
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

KarissaPresents wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:35 am I'm just curious. I presume that doing so would require more resources than this community has to offer. But does anyone with more technical experience know what it would take to turn Queen of Fighters/h-mugen into an online multiplayer game against other players around the world. It seems like a fun idea.
There is already a version of M.U.G.E.N for years (and stable not in a BETA version, nowadays) that supports this execution, it's called Ikemen GO, visit https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO for more information and everything related.

There are no complications beyond just adding and possibly fixing bugs that might throw up the codes contained in that char compiler set. From my point of view it is feasible and relatively easy to transfer the content of "Queen of Fighters" to IKEMEN GO.

As for the aspect of playing with a victim against an aggressor, I guess it's about taste, they can contain attacks that are compensated by their function.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...