"Your character has been BLOCKED"?

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

Tetchi

Re: "Your character has been BLOCKED"?

Post by Tetchi »

UmbreonLover wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:37 am Paywall as most people know it as lol
'In the MUGEN world, those who break the rules are scum, it's true. But those who ask for money having broken the rules are worse than scum'

By Kakashi Hatake.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

It's true what Tetchi had said, you don't have to give in that easily for something that a mod/admin did. Yes, its cruel, stupid, and quite annoying for a low reason, but there always alternate ways to deal with it.

You can linked your character's within a video to, like other people had done, if you don't wished to upload here anymore, but hey? it might have been a misread from them too. Everyone does make mistake after all
hcm_aj
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by hcm_aj »

Hi! :mrgreen:
Well, about the situation...
To be honest, i would prefer ignore message like "x user (Bobbysharks) took MY sprites (MugenFutaCharsMaker) from x character and create a new version , please remove it". Of course, that's not what he said :lol:

I would prefer to let creators to take sprites wherever it comes from and then they create new characters better that the "x" versions created by x creators. As you said Mugen creators work on base characters all the time. BUT it's not so easy.

Yes, MugenFutaCharsMaker is not the owner of Angelia but that character have code or sprites created, modified or improved by him and if he don't want other authors use that codes/sprites for their own characters/stages, i have to respect that decision and remove them. The solution is You ask for permission before to use the code/sprites he made and try to convince him OR create your own version without that codes/sprites.

This is not about favoritism, MugenFutaCharsMaker is not the first author who told me he don't want other authors use their codes or sprites and upload them to HCM. There are others authors but i won't say more names.

So after i had this kind of problems some years ago, i had to ask to creators about this, "what did you think about this situation? What do you prefer?"
The result was...

- If x creator want to use sprites/codes created by x creator, he should ask for permission before use them.
- Creators have to give credits to others creators if they use their code/sprites, Always!
- if no one sends me a complaint about x character/stage uploaded to the site, then it's OK! Because that should means creators agreed... or the original creator doesn't know there is a new version of his character/stage :P

Fortunately, 90% of creators agree to others users use their codes/sprites for their own characters/stages, maybe you just need to ask permission before to reuse them.

Maybe tomorrow gettag, viket or other creators won't want other creators use their codes/sprites and i have to respect that decision or maybe you Bobby create new sprites for x character and you don't want other users use them for their own version of characters, and i will have to respect it and remove characters created by other creators with your code/sprites until they create their own version of that codes/sprites.

I could ask again to everybody about this kind situations and made a poll... and maybe let all creators to use sprites/codes wherever they get them, ignore message like "remove them because ..." but that that means everyone will have to abide by the same rules, without favoritism as it is now. Everybody use sprites/codes wherever they get them ... or everybody use sprites/codes but asking for permission before use them (as it is now).

In my opinion, i prefer everybody use sprites/codes wherever they get them but always giving credits to the respective creators. I think that's an easy way to make new characters, no strings attached, but that's just my opinion from someone who would like to see more and more characters, i'm not a creator.
If some creators agree, we can made a poll about this ;)

And just to clarify... the forum is more free. Here you can upload your characters/stages, just giving credits to their respective creators, but as i said before, if creators want a new poll about permissions using sprites, etc, we can make it and change that rule on the main site HCM. :mrgreen:
HCM Admin :D
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

You are a fucking clown.

"- Creators have to give credits to others creators if they use their code/sprites, Always!"

I fucking did give them credit.

" or maybe you Bobby create new sprites for x character and you don't want other users use them for their own version of characters, and i will have to respect it and remove characters created by other creators with your code/sprites until they create their own version of that codes/sprites."

Uh, no. I'm not a bitch like FutaCharsMaker, the WHOLE POINT OF THE MUGEN COMMUNITY IS TO MAKE, CREATE, AND SHARE. I'm not going to SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY but then demand no one else use what I created, EVEN THOUGH I USED OTHER PEOPLE'S CREATIONS in my work.

And as to the rest of your post, suck my dick AJ. Fuck you, you're a bitch.

You THINK you are doing the "right" thing, by "respecting a creator's wishes" But here's the thing: You aren't respecting MY wishes. Because the edit I uploaded didn't JUST have some of FCM's work put in it, it had my OWN work put into it, my OWN code/sprites.

So you didn't "protect" FCM's work, you REMOVED MY WORK.

You are the single most awful and absolute very worst, destructive force to the Mugen Community. Not FutaCharsMaker. Not ShadalooBison. Not dragon tier characters. Not Mugen Archive. People like YOU. You say you aren't picking favorites, YET, you chose one creator's rights over another creator's rights. You chose FCM's "right" to deny my claim to a character I worked on, and you deny my right to even come to the table and present what I have.

You're a dick. You're a bitch. You're a trifling, petty, insufferable, repulsive postule on the posterior of humanity.

I feel like the quality of my life has been dropped for having evern known you AJ.

For having ever joined this website and the HCM Forum I've become lesser of a person for being associated with it and YOU.
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

If you have nothing to say to this hcm_aj why don't you step down as the Admin of this site then and give the position up to someone else with more balls and a spine? Someone with more character? Someone with a soul? Someone better than you?
Viket

Post by Viket »

Calm the fuck down there wtf is this reaction?

The stuff is simple

Ocs of mugen can be taken down if author of that oc requested it because that author made the oc and char full time and posting here would be like copypaste and upload as your own, it is true thats the point of mugen but theres nothing we can do

About no oc for example felicia,

Cannot be taken down because is not even property of the person who made the code and char EXCEPT if the person made alot of sprites of that char, downloading the char and then add some compatibility and reupload would be like down grade the original version

We know about futa chars bad reputation of how he is but theres nothing we can do

I even add some of futa chars of that guy on a pack But heres the problem too, those are really old versions compared tonthe ones in his oficial site

Cr

BR and i dont know wich other names

Cr futa chars by him cannot be obtanaible to any place because he forget to preserve them reason they could be reuploaded

BR are the actual ones those i didnt grab them because can be obtainable by anyone

I have no problem people grab my sprite aint give a fuck

But you need understand you cannot grab other people +18 edits add yours while keep him the original edit sprites and reupload isnsomething bison wouldndo ( the difference is he credit itself...)

Is one of the reasons im learning code so i could do similar animations and codes but not being the same ones

You need to calm down theres a big community that can help you alot about this situation even i could help and will be glad to do it ( not in code i cant help that sorry)
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

The whole point of this situation is understood, unfortunately there are things that are out of our hands, if we were all fair no creator or editor of MUGEN owns the sprites/sounds they belong to companies (such as CAPCOM, SNK, FUBUKI, ETC. ) but you can also pay them to use their properties and do your things but that is another situation and if it were the case they present themselves as such and then do what suits them, but knowing that the resources used belong to some company and that "this truth is set aside" when someone "requests not to touch what they have created", it should not be restricted, more than code if it were the case, but not even that since Elecbyte did not express that nobody can have ownership of the code (unless you paid them).

In short, nobody owns anything in MUGEN, but we can't not respect the work of others either. If someone has created a char, scenario, screenpack, they know the effort and time invested in this hobby and what can be done by who is going to edit a work of someone who did it, is to give the credits and respect the original work, but apart from that "force" them not to touch it well.... Unless you show that you have the legal rights, they will be respected . Being honest and acknowledging the creator and indicating that an edit is being made, is fair even better contacting the creator and informing him would be ideal.

But you can avoid being an editor and these details, if you create your content, it is easy (well not so much) it is more difficult to pursue a Ph.D.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

Crawl out from the sewage and answer me HCM_AJ, you yellow-belly coward fucking bitch.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

BobbySharks wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:00 am Crawl out from the sewage and answer me HCM_AJ, you yellow-belly coward fucking bitch.
lol well, I did find the crybaby website that has the FutaChars
https://www.mugenfuta.com/futas/

which can easily be edited to just female bottom,
but I guess TheoSheo, did a great job on that already
Arsha

Post by Arsha »

I'm not sure what's going on, but please let me know if I understand it correctly or not.

Example, Jenet character base, made by author X. Edited by Futacharmaker..

Then Futacharmaker uploads his edit of Jenet Base onto HCM site.

Then bobbysharks come by later cuz having discovered this site at later date or something like that.. He has a edit of Jenet base that he also made.

So he also uploads it onto HCM but since Futacharmaker uploaded his edit earlier than bobbysharks did.... meaning every single edit of Jenet base in existence is now forever blocked from HCM site? That's awfully selfish.

If that is the case then I find bobbysharks to be completely in the right to be upset although I don't think he needs to swear to get his point across.

Both edits of Jenet base needs to be allowed on the HCM site so people can download the one they feel like trying out.

And if you're concerned about clutter then I recommend that when people search for Jenet Base, their author names is also listed in a list of jenet bases.

Can someone please poke hcm_aj so he can see what's up. I don't know his twitter.