Tutorials about compatibility, tools, etc

Moderator: Moderator

Vanny

I cant add stages :(

Post by Vanny »

i download a lot of stages from this page and all failed when i try to play

i have the mugen version 1.0

The error always the same :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error message:
BG error reading stages/bust_size_show.def

Library error message: Error reading sprite stages/bust_size_show/sff-data.sff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cant you add stages in version 1.0?
or did i do something wrong?

The steps I follow are the following:
-download the stage
-extract the rar in the stages folder where I have the mugen
-then I open the "select" file located in the data folder
-I add more or less the following command in the "extra stages" part
stages/bust_size_show.def
I save the select file and finally when I open the mugen the stage appears as selectable but when the game loads it gives me the error I mentioned above

Finally, can I add stages with .sff ending? in version 1.0 of mugen?
when i try to put stages .sff appear this messages

Error message: Missing camera info: stages/CLUB_MOTVN.sff

help :(
UmbreonLover

Re: I cant add stages :(

Post by UmbreonLover »

The error always the same :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error message: Missing camera info: stages/CLUB_MOTVN.sff
Error message:
BG error reading stages/bust_size_show.def

Library error message: Error reading sprite stages/bust_size_show/sff-data.sff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They seems to be errors only in 1.0 due to the coding and graphic issues. I could be wrong, but
I do know I don't have any issues running it through 1.1B

If you know how to work with codes and graphic. you might perhaps make it supported for 1.0
Tetchi

Re: I cant add stages :(

Post by Tetchi »

Hello, you can do the following.

1. Open the file: bust_size_show.def
With a word processor, for example: notepad.

2. Look for the following line:

Code: Select all

[BGDef]
spr = my_stage.sff
Replace my_stage.sff with the name of the SFF file containing your stage's sprite data. The SFF file should be placed in the same directory as the stage DEF (i.e. stages/).

In this case:
sprite/bust_size_show/sff-data.sff

Correct by:

Code: Select all

[BGDef]
spr = stages/sff-data.sff
---------

SFF files will always be viewable in any version of MUGEN because it is the extension it uses, the error it indicates is an error declared in the DEF file of the scenario, so the error message it indicates is in the camera, you will have to you check the parameter and fix it, it is something very easy it will only take you 2 minutes.

Check which parameter is for the version you are using, read how it works in each version and correct it. And ready.

camera group

startx = pos_x
Sets the camera's starting x-position. Should be set to 0.
starty = pos_y
Sets the camera's starting y-position. Should be set to 0.
boundleft = min_x
This is the minimum x-value that the camera can move to. It must be negative. Adjust this value to limit how far left the camera can scroll.
boundright = max_x
This is the maximum x-value that the camera can move to. It must be positive. Adjust this value to limit how far right the camera can scroll.
boundhigh = min_y
Controls the minimum y-value that the camera can move to. It must be negative. Adjust this value to limit how far up the camera can scroll.
boundlow = max_y
Controls the maximum y-value that the camera can move to. It must always be set to 0.
tension = h_dist
This is the horizontal distance a player can get from the left and right edges before the camera starts to follow.
tensionhigh = top_dist ; (Version 1.1 and higher)
This is the vertical distance a player can get from the top edge before the camera starts to follow. The use of the tensionhigh and tensionlow parameters activates a method of vertical scrolling based on edge tension introduced in Version 1.1.
vertical follow and floor tension will be ignored.
tensionlow = bottom_dist ; (Version 1.1 and higher)
This is the vertical distance a player can get from the bottom edge before the camera starts to follow.
verticalfollow = closeness
This value affects the vertical movement of the camera to follow the highest player. It should be set between 0 and 1. A value of 0 means the camera does not move up at all. A higher value makes the camera track the higher player closer. A value of 1 makes the camera track the player as close as possible. This parameter is ignored if tensionhigh and tensionlow are used.
floortension = v_dist
This is the minimum vertical distance the highest player has to be from the floor (given as a positive value), before the camera starts to move up to follow him. This parameter is used only with the vertical following camera scrolling mode. This parameter is ignored if tensionhigh and tensionlow are used.
overdrawhigh = top_pixels ; (Version 1.0 and higher)
See below.
overdrawlow = bottom_pixels ; (Version 1.0 and higher)
Number of pixels beyond the top and bottom of the screen that may be drawn. Overdraw specifies the how much can be seen during an EnvShake. Overdraw pixels will also be used when the screen aspect is taller than the stage aspect.
cuthigh = top_pixels ; (Version 1.0 and higher)
See below.
cutlow = bottom_pixels ; (Version 1.0 and higher)
Number of pixels into the top and bottom of the screen that may be cut from drawing when the screen aspect is shorter than the stage aspect. These parameters suggest a guideline, and the actual number of pixels cut depends on the difference in aspect. If cuthigh and cutlow are omitted, the engine will attempt to guess a reasonable set of values.
startzoom = start_zoom_scale ; (Version 1.1 and higher)
This specifies the initial scale factor for the stage. The effect of this parameter is most visible if there are no characters that affect the camera. Defaults to 1.
zoomout = zoom_out_scale ; (Version 1.1 and higher)
This specifies the scale factor for the stage when the camera is fully zoomed out. Note that a smaller number allows the camera to zoom out more, e.g. zoomout = .5 specifies that the camera can zoom outwards by a factor of 2. Defaults to 1.
zoomin = zoom_in_scale ; (Version 1.1 and higher)
This specifies the scale factor for the stage when the camera is fully zoomed in. Defaults to 1
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...