ERO Jackie Not showing up In mugen Char List in Game

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

LewdTamamo

ERO Jackie Not showing up In mugen Char List in Game

Post by LewdTamamo »

Hello there i am putting this post because of a new victim that supposely i have tryed to change there names and yet when i put it as ERO or Jackie it still does not show up on my list of Chars i do not know if i am doing something wrong But i would like to know if its either an issue with the files or as what i said
kaero

Re: ERO Jackie Not showing up In mugen Char List in Game

Post by kaero »

Does both .def file and folder have the same name of that character?

For what i know you must name both with the same name or else it won't show in the game. Also add it in select.def file from the game folder with that name.
LewdTamamo

Post by LewdTamamo »

well its thats the wierd part the file says ERO Jackie But yet When i Look at the def file and put it as Jackie it still does not pop up i have done this 5 times and still doesnt pop up
kaero

Post by kaero »

If the .def file of the char say ERO jackie, then the folder and the name in the select.def file must be ERO jackie.

If you want change the name, delete the ERO part from the name of the char .def and change the folder of the char and add in select.def file the new name which it will be Jackie.
LewdTamamo

Post by LewdTamamo »

well the wierd thing the folder doesnt say ERO Jackie it just says Jackie on the .def file while on the folder it says ERO so i have tryed putting the name Jackie on my Mugen list and it doesnt work
kaero

Post by kaero »

better send an image of your folder, .def of the char and the select.def from the game folder .__.
LewdTamamo

Post by LewdTamamo »

Image well i dont know if this will work but this is what is inside the folder
Eujine

Post by Eujine »

Try this on your select.def: ERO Jackie/Jackie.def
kaero

Post by kaero »

LewdTamamo wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:27 am Image well i dont know if this will work but this is what is inside the folder
that .def file is wrong, you must add the .def in the file name even if it say .def on the type column, the game won't recognize it.

Rename it as Jackie.def and i think it should work.
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

This issue is not the OP's fault. Hip Ernov Arts should be more careful in the future that when they upload a character that their own .def matches properly. A simple mistake but as you see it makes for no fun.