Character not showing up in selections?

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

Arsha

Character not showing up in selections?

Post by Arsha »

Recently there was new saber uploaded by G-bit but when I tried to check her out, she wasn't just showing up at all in character selections at all for some reason.

I checked the data folder, she is named saber so i typed it in there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at all.
hyperk2

Re: Character not showing up in selections?

Post by hyperk2 »

The def file is actually saber_nit.def, so you'll need to rename the folder to saber_nit and the entry in the select file to saber_nit. Why people don't name the folder after the character's def file when they zip it up is still a mystery to me.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

hyperk2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:13 am The def file is actually saber_nit.def, so you'll need to rename the folder to saber_nit and the entry in the select file to saber_nit. Why people don't name the folder after the character's def file when they zip it up is still a mystery to me.
That's because of three reasons
  1. Because of laziness
  2. They manually written the path inside "select.def"
  3. They forgot to do it
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

Mugen Archive wouldn't approve your upload if the def and select and folder/zip names didn't match. HCM has no quality control this place is a shithole.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

BobbySharks wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:41 pm Mugen Archive wouldn't approve your upload if the def and select and folder/zip names didn't match. HCM has no quality control this place is a shithole.
Amen, even the moderating of this forum seems a bit out of hand as well.
Arsha

Post by Arsha »

hyperk2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:13 am The def file is actually saber_nit.def, so you'll need to rename the folder to saber_nit and the entry in the select file to saber_nit. Why people don't name the folder after the character's def file when they zip it up is still a mystery to me.
ohh Thank you!

That worked. :) I'll try to check for those should it happen again.