Having a Alt Palette Issue

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

reog

Having a Alt Palette Issue

Post by reog »

Just finished an edit of a character and the sprites I added will not change palettes with alternate palettes (so if I select her with player 2 palette the animations using the added sprites will have the original palette

So I need to know how to get the palette of these sprite ive cobbled together in Fighter Factory to behave like the character sprites that were already there

and the other only odd thing happening is that these sprites seem to be making their own palette (191,1) which is an exact copy of palette 1,1 and even if I remove it, the next time I open it the palette gets remade

so... yeah halp plz
Handy
Creator
Creator

Re: Having a Alt Palette Issue

Post by Handy »

When adding sprites, you need to change image palettes to forced the specified palette. Make sure that the palettes are group 1 and index 1. All thhis appears when you try to add sprites to a character with fighter factory.
Don't do commissions of anytype anymore.
reog

Post by reog »

Thanks. I managed to fix my problem before the reply bye duplicating sprite that were behaving appropriately and copy pasting the problem sprites over those. it's not efficient, but it worked

What I'm wondering, is there a way to force the palette after its been added or can you only do it when adding the sprites
Handy
Creator
Creator

Post by Handy »

You can do the same with the pallete tool in ff3 but it is a pain the butt. You should better stick with removing and add them and use the force pallete thing.
Don't do commissions of anytype anymore.