2nd stage Victim Help

Tutorials about compatibility, tools, etc

Moderator: Moderator

OGPXLPDfan

2nd stage Victim Help

Post by OGPXLPDfan »

Hello,

I'm new to creating/editing chars and ran into some trouble. I'm making a small edit to the Amy Rose char from Pixel Pheromones and adding a face cut in to the mating press. I have all the sprites and animations done, but it does not appear when I load the game. Is there something I am missing?
Tetchi

Re: 2nd stage Victim Help

Post by Tetchi »

More data...

Is it just SFF editing or are you also encoding?

Attached screenshots with the debug turned on.

They are recommendations that are useful and complement your request in order to better understand the problem.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
OGPXLPDfan

Post by OGPXLPDfan »

I am just editing .sff and .air files, no encoding of any kind. And I don't know what you mean by debug mode.

It's suppose to be like the face cut ins for Ruby, Yang, and She Hulk chars.
KotBehemot

Post by KotBehemot »

I've looked into the way those are handled, and they are actually handled on the victim-side, using DefState -2, rather than on the aggressor side. So you'll probably need to copy and paste the code from those characters to make it work.

Additionally, I've noticed said code get a bit glitchy with the Minotaur remake, but that's a subject for the other thread.
OGPXLPDfan

Post by OGPXLPDfan »

Do you know where that part of the code is or what I should be looking for?
ddlnll

Post by ddlnll »

If you are new to the code, the easiest way is to start with sff and air, just combine the face cut and the character body into the same sprite. But if you want to run both separately, you have to write additional code in the victim's file, as KotBehemot said.

Taking She Hulk as an example, type the following code in state -2:

[state-2, ]
type = RemoveExplod
triggerall = time <= 1 || animelem = 1,1
trigger1 = NumExplod(180212)
ID = 180212

[state-2, ]
type = explod
triggerall = numExplod(180212) <= 0
trigger1 = anim = [180210,180214]
anim = 9070+anim%10
ID = 180212
scale = .75,.75
postype = p1
sprpriority = 1
ownpal = 0
bindtime = -1
RemoveTime = -2
ignorehitpause = 1

Of course, depending on your character, the above code may need to be slightly modified to be applicable (including the animation number of mating press and face cut, and the scale of your character), so you'd better have a basic understanding of the mugen code first.

KotBehemot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:17 am I've looked into the way those are handled, and they are actually handled on the victim-side, using DefState -2, rather than on the aggressor side. So you'll probably need to copy and paste the code from those characters to make it work.

Additionally, I've noticed said code get a bit glitchy with the Minotaur remake, but that's a subject for the other thread.
I have noticed about the Minotaur part, this is a problem of difference in the state structure, in order to solve this problem and maintain compatibility with other aggressors simultaneously, such as Brian, I think it is more efficient to modify the codes of the victim side. But anyway, it's a bit off topic.