Low Quality Character Spam

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

OnyxShadow

Low Quality Character Spam

Post by OnyxShadow »

I'm not going to mention any names, but its not hard to figure out who I'm talking about. In recent times, there have been 2 or 3 people who post a LOAD of low quality characters, poor descriptions, and few if any picture previews. This is not a valuable contribution.

MUGEN collections work best if they are at least moderately curated. 2-3 quality characters a week is better than 20 mediocre ones because of the "fixed expense" of seeking, downloading, extracting, transferring files, updating text files, and lengthy testing.
tochimare9999

Re: Low Quality Character Spam

Post by tochimare9999 »

:D
What a great contributor, it's just that this guy doesn't know how to draw or program at least some futa char? omg ; chars nude incompatibles

https://hentaicharmugen.com/users/10/characters#an_h
gasblaster

Post by gasblaster »

I know right, the website is pretty much flooded with them now and they don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

Admins from this site don't check characters made by X person, and there is no promises that certain characters will be supported with all aggressors made by different people. The only site that I can remember was mugenarchive. However, they don't support NSFW characters
I visit this forum when I remember I exist!
hcm_aj
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by hcm_aj »

I was going to create a topic about this, but let's use this.

About the poor descriptions, i agree. Some characters will be hidden until the users who uploaded them add more info about the character.

About some character named "cheap" characters, well... Everyone has the right to add their characters. Maybe they are new in this, or it's a new character (WIP) incompatible with a lot of moves, or compatible only for old characters. Nude characters are allowed too.

Something i can do is:
1. Simple characters could be moved to places further back in the list to keep more complete characters in the first places.
2. Simple characters could have a special category named "Simple characters" and the characters page could have a checkbox to show or hide those characters.
If the user want to remove that category from his character, he has to add more compatibility to it.

Other good ideas are welcome.
HCM Admin :D
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

There could also be a user who verifies the content to be approved and depending on the verification could catalog it.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...