What are the most used platforms used by users who monetize their works? (patreon, boosty ...)

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

hcm_aj
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

What are the most used platforms used by users who monetize their works? (patreon, boosty ...)

Post by hcm_aj »

Hi! I was wondering, what are the most used sites used by users who sell premium H-MUGEN content?

Patreon is the most popular site, but it's not the only one. For example, MrVodka use boosty.to

Do you know other alternatives USED by the currents mugen creators?
I'm talking about sites where users can upload files, images, etc., like Patreon, Onlyfans, Fansly, etc, not where people can donate like Paypal.

This is just a question for a next update in the site.
HCM Admin :D
Tetchi

Re: What are the most used platforms used by users who monetize their works? (patreon, boosty ...)

Post by Tetchi »

Well, I don't think there are more than the ones you mentioned, there are still some other serious questions to analyze, but the previous ones are the most stable, if they pay and if they allow +18 content.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
tochimare9999

Re: What are the most used platforms used by users who monetize their works? (patreon, boosty ...)

Post by tochimare9999 »

This is known as financial fraud, selling edited characters that are for public use unless their work is 100% original, for example: an Op character like NecroCat editions is not worth spending a dollar if that work of said author is not original to finance a new collection as in an auction or collaboration prize, that is why Mugen will never see a new light today if it benefits from the commercial nature of the brand.

Anyway, if the 18+ character is not original and they sell it, that would be profiting from pieateria and deserves a massive report.

:geek:
hcm_aj
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by hcm_aj »

tochimare9999 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:43 pm This is known as financial fraud, selling edited characters that are for public use unless their work is 100% original, for example: an Op character like NecroCat editions is not worth spending a dollar if that work of said author is not original to finance a new collection as in an auction or collaboration prize, that is why Mugen will never see a new light today if it benefits from the commercial nature of the brand.

Anyway, if the 18+ character is not original and they sell it, that would be profiting from pieateria and deserves a massive report.

:geek:
I miss old days when most characters were created just for fun or pleasure, not money, i mean, i think is ok try to make some money but right now i feel like there is no variety of original characters and more authors only create private characters :( .

Well, giving a little info about the next update... all characters/stages will be hosted in the site, no more dead links from Mega, Google Drive, etc., except Patreon and others platforms where authors upload their premium content until release date.
That's why I decided to add some advertising. The money will be needed for the possible increase in space usage :oops:
HCM Admin :D
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Excellent, very good news. Having this system, the content can be efficiently managed.

But given such an improvement, it can be a big job to always keep it free of garbage (repeated chars that only edit something and re-upload it, things that don't make sense of chars) that go up. Are you going to review what people upload or are you going to change this situation and whoever sends any work must wait a period of time for it to be accepted and placed on the page (obviously with the filling out of some form to describe the work and any relevant data from the char)

I like how the improvement to the site looks, I just hope they have stricter filters so that they are not filled with garbage creations and consume unnecessary bandwidth.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

hcm_aj wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:26 pm Hi! I was wondering, what are the most used sites used by users who sell premium H-MUGEN content?

Patreon is the most popular site, but it's not the only one. For example, MrVodka use boosty.to
Now a day, you can use any platforms to earn rewards for "your content in mugen". Discord, Telegram, and Twitter / X also added a features for you to gain money as much as process money if you are selling goods. From website? SubscribeStar > Patreon and if you live in Russia, Boosty and another one (can't recall the name) support Russian people. Just vary in your interest and taste, as much as privacy and TOS goes.
I visit this forum when I remember I exist!