No health bar appearing for characters added in TQH0

Questions about configurations, etc

Moderator: Moderator

Trainerred

No health bar appearing for characters added in TQH0

Post by Trainerred »

I added a lot of characters in tqh0, and even replaced all of the characters that were already in the game with other versions of them found on HCM because they didn't seem to have any sex sprites and animations, and now none of the characters I added seem to have any health bars appear for them. They certainly have a set amount of health that gets reduced by hits, as I managed to KO the characters and get KOed by them after certain amount of hits, its just that there were no HP bars visible. I have put an image down there as an example. (Also, any way to add image as a file instead of url?)
How can I fix this?
I did this on normal mugen with a couple of characters (Brian Jmax and Athena), and there they seemed to have have normally functioning health bars appear for them.
Tetchi

Re: No health bar appearing for characters added in TQH0

Post by Tetchi »

Hello.

TQH 0, runs under the "add004" plugin which has additional features to what one finds in MUGEN, so the chars that are added may experience problems when using it, such as the ones you mention that are the most common, for which which you must make some modifications to the chars to make them compatible, in some cases you can use a program that was developed for this purpose but in other cases you must also find out which parts of the char code conflict with the parameters of add004 and solve them.

You can use the add004pie program which will help you in most chars. Where do you get it? Ok, it could be Google or another alternative here:

Code: Select all

https://www.andersonkenya1.net/files/file/29028-add004pie
All credits to AK1 M.UG.E.N Communty for hosting the program.

And Remember, all credits of add004, add004pie forever for Shiyo Kakuge AKA Tatsu.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
Echie

Post by Echie »

Trainerred wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:39 pm I added a lot of characters in tqh0, and even replaced all of the characters that were already in the game with other versions of them found on HCM because they didn't seem to have any sex sprites and animations
I think that TQH 0 is a little bit misplaced and mislabelled on the HCM website. It's a great standalone game out of the box. But it isn't optimal for using it with the added custom characters.

If you want to just add a lot of characters with sex sprites and animations from the HCM catalogue to experiment with them, then you can probably give Ikemen Go a try (it's not perfectly compatible with MUGEN, but most of the characters from HCM should work just fine):

https://github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/releases/tag/v0.99.0
First run it to configure the joystick buttons and video options. Save setting and exit. Then open 'save/config.json' in a text editor and replace
"data/system.def" with "data/big/system.def" for a still rather simplistic, but nevertheless somewhat nicer looking user interface (if that's not good enough, then there are even better screenpacks on the Internet). Drop your characters into the 'chars' folder and edit 'data/select.def' to add them to the in-game character selection screen.
Trainerred

Post by Trainerred »

Tetchi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:29 am Hello.

TQH 0, runs under the "add004" plugin which has additional features to what one finds in MUGEN, so the chars that are added may experience problems when using it, such as the ones you mention that are the most common, for which which you must make some modifications to the chars to make them compatible, in some cases you can use a program that was developed for this purpose but in other cases you must also find out which parts of the char code conflict with the parameters of add004 and solve them.

You can use the add004pie program which will help you in most chars. Where do you get it? Ok, it could be Google or another alternative here:

https://www.andersonkenya1.net/files/file/29028-add004pie
All credits to AK1 M.UG.E.N Communty for hosting the program.

And Remember, all credits of add004, add004pie forever for Shiyo Kakuge AKA Tatsu.
Thanks a lot, I used the add004pie program you gave the link to, and it worked! Now they all have health and super meter bars!
Trainerred

Post by Trainerred »

Echie wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:20 am
Trainerred wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:39 pm
I added a lot of characters in tqh0, and even replaced all of the characters that were already in the game with other versions of them found on HCM because they didn't seem to have any sex sprites and animations
I think that TQH 0 is a little bit misplaced and mislabelled on the HCM website. It's a great standalone game out of the box. But it isn't optimal for using it with the added custom characters.
I agree, its a good standalone game but it confuses me why they put it there in a way that would make it look like its made for all the custom characters on the site when its more of a standalone that has issues with extra characters added by players.
If you want to just add a lot of characters with sex sprites and animations from the HCM catalogue to experiment with them, then you can probably give Ikemen Go a try (it's not perfectly compatible with MUGEN, but most of the characters from HCM should work just fine):

https://github.com/ikemen-engine/Ikemen-GO/releases/tag/v0.99.0
First run it to configure the joystick buttons and video options. Save setting and exit. Then open 'save/config.json' in a text editor and replace
"data/system.def" with "data/big/system.def" for a still rather simplistic, but nevertheless somewhat nicer looking user interface (if that's not good enough, then there are even better screenpacks on the Internet). Drop your characters into the 'chars' folder and edit 'data/select.def' to add them to the in-game character selection screen.
Thanks, I'll check ikamen out!