How do I make a fuckbag character?

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

MorningDance1997

How do I make a fuckbag character?

Post by MorningDance1997 »

Hey folks, I'm trying to make a fuckbag character, as I am terrible at fighting games, balancing games, and making moves for characters, and I have little coding experience, but I do have experience with pixel art, so I was hoping if someone had a template maker for a fuckbag character I could use and I start from there?
Thanks in advance,
MorningDance
MadgearVSShadaloo

Re: How do I make a fuckbag character?

Post by MadgearVSShadaloo »

Hey, lucky thing is you wont probably need extra skills (than the one you already have) to just make a fuckbag.
There is no fuckbag template (to my knowledge). Would be a good thing to have at least one tho.

How a fuckbag (character) work :

It just stand there in iddle and wait to be forced into animated moves by an outside character we'll refer to as "agressor", it might need some basic data like health/power value so the code find them when expected, that's why you dont make a new one from scratch.

How you'll make it :

Pick any character that will serve as your template (people usually take kung-fu man , like in non-horny MUGEN), do NOT pick some character that's not present on round start like a summon engine.
Take a character editor , i use fighter factory 3, some people use Studio,
Make a copy of your character template and rename it everywhere it matters , then open your new character,
In the animation section you'll scroll to get to '0' (should be the first one tho) this one pose is your idle , its the pose your character hold by default, for your fuckbag i'll be your pose on standing 'rest' . Its the only essential pose, so in theory you can remove all other, but i'd recommand keeping all other template pose to replace them later.
Our idle animation, is made of sprites , ,so you'll need to import your chosen fuckbag sprites , you can do so in the sprites section. Either directly replace the template iddle sprites (by importing new one at the same group/ID) or create a new group and then replace the used sprite(s) in the iddle anim.

that should have the character now iddle but with your sprite/anim . iddles can be animated but they doesn't have to be.

Now that the essential are covered , you still have the meat and flouriches

The meat : your fuckbag doesn't drive code, the (outside) agressors request an anim index (a value that design the animation, like in the animation section) and if your fuckbag have it it play accordingly , so the meat of your fuckbag will be find the code you want from each agressor (doggystyle is a set of index, mating press is another) and animate those value in the animation section of your character (the animation number is the index the agressor will request)

Important note : some agressor will sometimes directly request the sprite adress instead of the anim to animate them themself (from their code) to help with that you just have to have said sprite at the corect group and index they expect.

Flouriches : Your fuckbag doesn't have to be a litterall flourbag (as its mostly living beings), you might still want regular character anims like being downed, stunned, on the ground or reactions to pushback , that's why we kept the anim we didn't need from the template character. you can then replace them with your own and thus enjoy them and the code already made without having to edit it (just dont change their index value on animation editing.