TQH 0

Progress about Characters, Stages, Screenpacks, etc

Moderator: Moderator

Echie

Re: TQH 0

Post by Echie »

Tetchi wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:40 am You can download the latest version approved by me and hosted by the kindness of the master of HCM at ...
Thanks! That's a nicely done full game and it's fun to play (looks "erotic" rather than "hentai", but that's okay). I'm using Ikemen Go to run it on a non-Windows system and it runs mostly fine with just a few minor glitches. Have you considered fully switching the game to the Ikemen engine in the future? Currently my main usability concern is a very rudimentary command list documentation, which is just presented via a single static picture for each character. It's surely better than nothing, but improvements are possible. Ikemen supports the "cmdlist.dat" feature, which allows describing all character moves with great details.
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Echie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:58 am
candys wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:19 am However, I feel a little sad when I try to add some characters. I have been adding characters in it but no matter how I try, it won't display the life bars and portrait for those new characters (only works with the original characters in TQH0). I wonder if there are something I can do to make it work.
Looks like the "common1.cns" file in the game is using the "add004" mugen mod (this is also announced in the starter post of this thread). So all characters need to be specifically processed with its "add004pie" tool to make them compatible with it. You can google for additional information using "mugen" + "add004" search keywords.
In effect, TQH 0 is using the base of common1.cns (in its entirety) from add004 to function, although it is the last version available for MUGEN 1.1 that was released, I do not rule out that there may be incompatibilities in chars that have a custom common , but in theory it should be functional without having to "edit" the char code to be inserted, except in the AIR file to establish the portrait faces on the VERSUS and LIFEBAR screen.

Echie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:19 am Thanks! That's a nicely done full game and it's fun to play (looks "erotic" rather than "hentai", but that's okay). I'm using Ikemen Go to run it on a non-Windows system and it runs mostly fine with just a few minor glitches. Have you considered fully switching the game to the Ikemen engine in the future? Currently my main usability concern is a very rudimentary command list documentation, which is just presented via a single static picture for each character. It's surely better than nothing, but improvements are possible. Ikemen supports the "cmdlist.dat" feature, which allows describing all character moves with great details.
Thanks to you for downloading and above all giving TQH 0 the opportunity, I am happy to be able to find enthusiasts who have been able to analyze the content I developed (it is also pleasant when they enjoy it playing) "more between the lines" the TQH 0 proposal, always It was and is something erotic/soft without being something disruptive in terms of fornication or "extreme hentai".

Yes, I have analyzed launching a version for Ikemen Go, but it would be something "lighter" with fewer characters (the most representative or most liked) although although it is just an idea in general I have not analyzed in depth the functions that Ikemen can provide, but yes I am aware of all the news and things that can be implemented and that would be very beneficial in various sections of the game, rest assured that I will analyze it in depth and if I will release a version for Ikemen.

What you tell me raises some questions, I hope you can be kind enough to provide feedback.

1. What system are you using for Ikemen Go?
2. Can you share screenshots to see what TQH 0 looks like?
3. What would you add (aside from a more detailed CMD/command list for each character) to TQH 0?
4. Any suggestions for a future version for MUGEN 1.1?
5. Which characters do you like from TQH 0 for a version in Ikemen GO and which others for the Roster?

Thank you very much in advance for sharing your comment and your congratulations, believe me that with every MUGEN enthusiast who uses TQH 0, I feel honored that I have been able to contribute something to MUGEN.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
Echie

Post by Echie »

Tetchi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:55 am In effect, TQH 0 is using the base of common1.cns (in its entirety) from add004 to function, although it is the last version available for MUGEN 1.1 that was released, I do not rule out that there may be incompatibilities in chars that have a custom common , but in theory it should be functional without having to "edit" the char code to be inserted, except in the AIR file to establish the portrait faces on the VERSUS and LIFEBAR screen.
But all characters designed for the standard mugen seem to have problems with the lifebar during my tests. While the example characters from the "add004" package downloadable from "The Mugen Fighters Guild -> M.U.G.E.N Central -> Your Releases, 1.0+ -> add004basic" forum topic on the mugenguild website work fine in TQH 0. So the game is effectively running on top of a somewhat non-standard modified "mugen+add004" platform and the normal "mugen" characters can't be easily added to it. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but people need to be warned about this. So that they don't waste their time unsuccessfully trying to use TQH 0 as a general purpose mugen engine for adding extra characters. The game is already fine as-is with a fixed roster.
Yes, I have analyzed launching a version for Ikemen Go, but it would be something "lighter" with fewer characters (the most representative or most liked) although although it is just an idea in general
Is this related to the higher resources usage? I wouldn't worry about that too much unless real users encounter problems when using all characters.
I have not analyzed in depth the functions that Ikemen can provide, but yes I am aware of all the news and things that can be implemented and that would be very beneficial in various sections of the game, rest assured that I will analyze it in depth and if I will release a version for Ikemen.
My understanding is that Ikemen has better support for various tag team modes (essentially can probably replace the functionality of the "add004" plugin). It also has the network play feature, which I admittedly haven't tried. 3D stages support in the latest Ikemen nightly builds looks like an interesting feature. I also see that Ikemen supports a new ZSS format instead of CNS, which is much more readable (at the expense of losing compatibility with the original old mugen 1.0 and 1.1 engines).
What you tell me raises some questions, I hope you can be kind enough to provide feedback.
Sure!
1. What system are you using for Ikemen Go?
64-bit Linux on a normal PC with an Intel processor. But trying it on a Raspberry Pi with an ARM processor would be an interesting test too.
2. Can you share screenshots to see what TQH 0 looks like?
They are basically the same as the screenshots already posted in this forum thread. I was initially worried about not seeing the character names under (or above) the lifebars, but now I see that this is normal. As for the glitches, Ikemen can't load mp3 files with the cover art pictures. Such as the "sound/10.mp3" background music for the Rainbow Mika's scenery. I also see the following messages in the log:

Code: Select all

random.move.snd.cancel: Incorrect data type (number expected, got table): 100
2024/01/07 20:04:38 failed to load 7 (screenpack font): File not found
They seem to be harmless though.
3. What would you add (aside from a more detailed CMD/command list for each character) to TQH 0?
4. Any suggestions for a future version for MUGEN 1.1?
To be honest, I haven't spent much time playing this game yet. Maybe I'll post more suggestions later. So far my only opinion is that the command list is a very important feature if the game is to be played as a proper fighting game (rather than some random buttons mashing just to see the hentai scenes).
5. Which characters do you like from TQH 0 for a version in Ikemen GO and which others for the Roster?
I'm currently playing with Karin as my main character. I like how she is occasionally flashing her blonde bush from under the skirt during fights 8-)

Various variants of Karin from the mugenarchive, HCM and your game also behave slightly differently when it comes to the supported moves. I'm trying to compare them with the "Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Karin Move List" video from youtube right now. I'm not expecting your game to perfectly match the original moves from Street Fighter Alpha 3, but at least accurately documenting the supported moves as they are implemented in your game would be great. I haven't played the original Street Fighter Alpha 3 anyway, so I'm not picky :mrgreen:
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

@Echie

Thanks for responding so quickly.

What you say and the database in MFG about add004 is correct; his knowledge of various topics in the world of MUGEN is extensive. I have nothing more to add than just to support the information you comment on. I hope this information you present serves as a reference for more MUGEN enthusiasts.
My understanding is that Ikemen has better support for various tag team modes (essentially can probably replace the functionality of the "add004" plugin). It also has the network play feature, which I admittedly haven't tried. 3D stages support in the latest Ikemen nightly builds looks like an interesting feature. I also see that Ikemen supports a new ZSS format instead of CNS, which is much more readable (at the expense of losing compatibility with the original old mugen 1.0 and 1.1 engines).
The functions it has and that have caught my attention regardless of network use and various things in general, is that of "more in-depth" customization in the selection, versus, victory and even select screens, you can really create very interesting things without doing "tricks" to achieve it or having many incompatibilities if someone wants to add one more char to the list, that would maintain the CNS format for greater compatibility.
64-bit Linux on a normal PC with an Intel processor. But trying it on a Raspberry Pi with an ARM processor would be an interesting test too.
Interesting, thanks for the information.
They are basically the same as the screenshots already posted in this forum thread. I was initially worried about not seeing the character names under (or above) the lifebars, but now I see that this is normal. As for the glitches, Ikemen can't load mp3 files with the cover art pictures. Such as the "sound/10.mp3" background music for the Rainbow Mika's scenery.
I'am check the MP3, possibly it is the file or some statement in the loop.
So far my only opinion is that the command list is a very important feature if the game is to be played as a proper fighting game (rather than some random buttons mashing just to see the hentai scenes).
OK, I will be developing an improvement to this, maybe not what can be obtained in the Ikemen, but there will be changes in this section.
I'm currently playing with Karin as my main character.
Karin is in my update goals, more separation of colors that I had in the "inkwell" but it stayed there, the palette itself is almost finished, we just need to separate some colors and we can obtain a more appropriate separation for the boots and other areas . As for the gameplay, it is not 100% SFZ3 even in a dream... but if it more or less has the basics, try to respect the work that Juke Kisaragi did at the time with his creation, only updating very small things , but you could still analyze what can be updated to make it even more dynamic.
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Greetings from this side of the monitor. Although some time has passed without news, an update of TQH 0 is still in development, not at the speed I would like but there it goes. What's up at the moment? Well, broadly speaking, what was mentioned above (obviously) but the most recent thing has been that I continue developing Angela Belti and an update on the portrait faces of some characters and on the list of things to do after the above: working on Karin as for to fix a pending color separation and some things that have been told to me about the game in general. Date for an update available? There isn't, but I hope that in the near future.

As always, suggestions or things you would like to see in the game are welcome.
LewdTamamo

Post by LewdTamamo »

well i do hope this game comes with extra space for characters cause i know i havent been around much but sadly lost the mugen game due to haveing my laptop fixed and getting a ssd installed since it really needed but i do want more space for to add more characters because the last time i tryed to put that extra space into the game it wasent working at all and most of the characters added to the game will not work at all
silencebrand

Post by silencebrand »

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen this, but TQH is still looking good! The portraits look nice.
silencebrand

Post by silencebrand »

(Double Post by accident)
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

LewdTamamo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:05 pm well i do hope this game comes with extra space for characters cause i know i havent been around much but sadly lost the mugen game due to haveing my laptop fixed and getting a ssd installed since it really needed but i do want more space for to add more characters because the last time i tryed to put that extra space into the game it wasent working at all and most of the characters added to the game will not work at all
It's good to know that you have a new SSD and your laptop is working, you can get TQH 0 again by downloading it here: https://hentaicharmugen.com/mugen

The characters that are added to TQH 0, in most cases will not work correctly, if not they are corrected to be compatible with add004 (it is the basis of the system that TQH 0 uses) in these topics you can find useful information about what former:

Information
viewtopic.php?p=4306#p4306

More information and solutions
viewtopic.php?p=4325#p4325

Thanks, Echie for the good text of help for users.
silencebrand wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm Wow, it's been a while since I've seen this, but TQH is still looking good! The portraits look nice.
Thanks, in next days other little update in portraits faces.
Rocklover00719

Post by Rocklover00719 »

Wow luce increíble, qué gran trabajo :) .