About chars and others

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

Tetchi

About chars and others

Post by Tetchi »

Good morning, good night, as the case may be.

I have been looking at the content of the site and it is without a doubt a good database of chars and editions that in some cases is material that is offline or somewhat inaccessible, which is a help to fans who are beginning to know about MUGEN but in Hentai/+18 version.

But I have observed that in some cases the information may be more adequate and integrated, in some sections, for example:

https://hentaicharmugen.com/chars/646/azukina

In this char, Tetchi and Miguel84 are set as creators.

When this is not the case, the creator of the char (sprite ripping, animation assembly, sound assembly, sprite encoding and editing to complete the animations required by MUGEN and extra editions, such as compatibility with various aggressors) is solely Tetchi, the placing another person as the creator of the same demerits the work of the creator.

If someone edited a previous work and it is generally known, such work should be respected and the editor of the original version should be placed in a separate section.

Therefore, I suggest, as far as possible and correct use, creating an additional field in the description of the content with the title "Edited by" so we will have the reference of the original author and who edited it and not give it an undeserved credit. the editor since it does not deserve it beyond editing.

I consider this something appropriate and even healthy, to give all creators and editors their respective treatment and respect for their work.

I have also seen other chars but it is the one that I can speak more than 102% because I recreated Azukina from the Final Fuck video game years ago, but it serves as an example, to make this community grow more and that not only the +18 environment is relegated when there is a lot of potential and very good material and sometimes on a par with top creators in the MUGEN field.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Re: About chars and others

Post by BobbySharks »

Like I said, I'm no longer creating content for this game when one person can twist their panties into a knot and cry and my work gets taken down. In the future, Tetchi if your idea is made into the system, any editor or person who wants to become a coder, has to start somewhere, but the motivation to become better is CRUSHED when your work is banned because you didn't create the character and code from scratch.

You didn't make Azukina from scratch, you did a lot of hard work to put her in Mugen but you used existing assets didn't you?

So this is the slow death of Mugen, where instead of creating and sharing characters people go around claiming ownership and ruining the spirit.

So go ahead and scold Pexeba, maybe like me he and others will lose interest with Mugen and then you can be the only one around to take credit.
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Hello bobbysharks.

Well you have to start with something, the road is long and seems to have no end, but I see it as a contribution to this great pastime that in my opinion has been very interesting and has allowed me to meet friends with the same interests thanks to MUGEN , without any search for any future or present reward, only with the aim of helping and sharing.

The sprites are from the Final Fuck video game owned by the Nonki company, which came to light in 2013. I only converted that character to the MUGEN environment, in 2014. And well, you can also confirm my old site in the MGBR.

And no, we do not seek to take away the initiative or belittle the work of others, on the contrary, teach them to learn and know beyond what they know so that in the future they will be the next to guide the novices, all to improve the community MUGEN +18, I have always been of the philosophy of sharing and not restricting the content since if it was given free and free it should continue to be.
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

BobbySharks wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:09 am Like I said, I'm no longer creating content for this game when one person can twist their panties into a knot and cry and my work gets taken down. In the future, Tetchi if your idea is made into the system, any editor or person who wants to become a coder, has to start somewhere, but the motivation to become better is CRUSHED when your work is banned because you didn't create the character and code from scratch.
Most people are selfish and wished to take all the credits, when really, they are just fooling themselves. When it's time to "prove it in coding/drawing" that's when they know, they fucked up heavily, and a copy&paste/tracing won't help them. That's why most people are now switching to private character rather than public; because stupid people can't claim it, if they never have a hold of it; as you already experiences the most stupidest thing here called: "preferences".

@Tetchi
I do like your idea about making official original creation statements, but as I mention above; faker/spammer/selfish you name it, will try to take all the credits from the edited character rather than splitting the credits on what they made vs the original.

As an example:
How Mizulugu started his version of C.Umbreon.

He got inspire from the original pixel Humpreon. He searched the web to try to download it, but found out that Shana (the original creator) wanted it off the web. He respected her, and didn't bother to asks until he found Umbreon Rebirth, which is the female version that summons the male umbreon. He sorta like it, but not to it's fullest. So, he took the female base as references, and convert it into the male version (which took him long to do.) He started umbreon from scratch, but still gives credit to Rebirth / Hestrir as the base sprite. He earns the respect to claim everything of his C.Umbreon, because everything was made under his hand (coding and art sprite's), but still gives credits to the respected people. Not hiding the fact how he started it.
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

"As an example:
How Mizulugu started his version of C.Umbreon.

He got inspire from the original pixel Humpreon. He searched the web to try to download it, but found out that Shana (the original creator) wanted it off the web. He respected her, and didn't bother to asks until he found Umbreon Rebirth, which is the female version that summons the male umbreon. He sorta like it, but not to it's fullest. So, he took the female base as references, and convert it into the male version (which took him long to do.) He started umbreon from scratch, but still gives credit to Rebirth / Hestrir as the base sprite. He earns the respect to claim everything of his C.Umbreon, because everything was made under his hand (coding and art sprite's), but still gives credits to the respected people. Not hiding the fact how he started it."

And if Shana came here and complain to AJ to take down that version of Umbreon, which creator do you think AJ would listen to? Shana or Mizulugu? I understand Tetchi's desire for proper authentication and credit where it is due. But how is it possible to motivate someone when their work can be taken down just because someone else ask them to.

A person would need to create and code a character 100% original sprite work to ever be able to be immune to having someone else just show up and say you can't upload that character.

Even if you add new code and add new sprites and add new custom and unique features, if anyone else at any point EVER worked on that same character they can get your work struck down.

How does this community move forward and invite new possible content creators to strike out and try their own hands when the enviornment is so hostile like this?

HCM was supposed to be a solution to Mugen Archive but now it has become even worse.

Where else does an 18+ Mugen creator go?
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

BobbySharks wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:53 pm And if Shana came here and complain to AJ to take down that version of Umbreon, which creator do you think AJ would listen to? Shana or Mizulugu? I understand Tetchi's desire for proper authentication and credit where it is due. But how is it possible to motivate someone when their work can be taken down just because someone else ask them to.
AJ won't do shit to him, because he never will upload his Umbreon in HCM, and he does have personal reasons not to, but don't wished to mention it.
He will perform a DMCA if his umbreon is upload here.

About Shana Respond related to his creation is posted here:
https://ulmf.org/threads/corrupted-umbr ... st-1161949
BobbySharks wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:53 pm HCM was supposed to be a solution to Mugen Archive but now it has become even worse.
Where else does an 18+ Mugen creator go?
They will found other site such as ulmf, hentaifoundry and many other forum contents. HCM is not the only place to go lol
Some rather to have discord, telegram, skype, and even twitter itself. So really? there's many places you can go to :mrgreen:
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

@UmbreonLover

If there are stories behind every creation in MUGEN, that's what makes it unique and dynamic, for better or worse.

Thank you for the opportunity to learn more, what you mentioned as an example is valuable information.

@ all

But let's be positive, there is a lot of negativity on the planet to spoil this great pastime.

But being fair and based on healthy rules of coexistence, "Respect for the rights of others is peace" as in real life and on the internet.

We can take this as a start and if "it's cool/nice" we can say from our heart/conscience, that we did what was in our hands to give a creative solution to the situation that abounds in MUGEN +18.

@ bobbysharks

You can cooperate if you like in this idea, you also know about the MUGEN +18 topic, your participation is also valuable.

And well, you said that you just want to go directly to create, that's fine, but keep in mind that just like any other species on the planet, it took us millions of years to put a satellite into orbit and it took time to do it, even with its respective differences also applies to this, everything takes effort and time and taking shortcuts is fine but it is not always the most recommended, if you want to learn I will teach you for free without any commitment, you want the easy shortcut I will help you too just be on time exactly what you want, but you alone will be responsible for how you apply the knowledge that it can give you. Note, I don't know everything but as far as my brain can help you.
Vikal

Post by Vikal »

This is a clown fiesta honestly, no wonder japanese bros shit on our "community". I finally realize why they hate us.
Cry about it.
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Vikal wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:45 am This is a clown fiesta honestly, no wonder japanese bros shit on our "community". I finally realize why they hate us.
Unfortunately, what is and must be, in this part of the planet is very different from human beings on the other side of the planet, I suppose that centuries of society's actions build the way of being of the individuals of each region.

Welcome to the 5 ring circus..... :(
BobbySharks
Creator
Creator

Post by BobbySharks »

"AJ won't do shit to him, because he never will upload his Umbreon in HCM, and he does have personal reasons not to, but don't wished to mention it.
He will perform a DMCA if his umbreon is upload here."

First off he can perform a DMCA all he wants, Nintendo will wreck him in court if he tries to make any rights claim to anythig Umbreon/Pokemon/Gamefreak/Nintendo owned. Do you even understand how ridiculous you sound saying that? I like to see them try to perform a DMCA tell them to go ahead and do it.

So you dismiss my example, because you say Shana would never upload his Umbreon to HCM. So your logic follows, it's okay to upload someone else's work if they don't put it up themselves. Okay guess what?

FutaCharsMaker hasn't uploaded his Angelia to HCM. So when I uploaded MY Angelia (Bigger) edit, how can he claim I'm uploading HIS character, when under YOUR logic, I should be fine. Since FutaCharsMaker hasn't uploaded their Angelia, my Angelia should be fine. Because you said Shana won't upload their Umbreon, so Mizulugu would be fine to do it.

UmbreonLover, I'm not sure if I was not clear or there is a language barrier, but my question was a hypothetical and you respond in literal. Let's not use specific users since you are making it literal.

Person A: Works on Character A some, which is existing in a game. They rip the sprites and code the character to go in Mugen. They did hard work, but at the end of the day they didn't make or create the character or make its attacks they just put in the work to transfer.

Person B: Takes Character A, then makes 18+ sprites and compatability code. Character A is now Character A18+

Person C: Takes Character A18+ and adds even more sprites, more code, more compatability, makes custom animations and taunts and puts in their own work to make Character A18+2

Person B: You can't do that that's my character

HCM: *Takes down Person C's Character A18+2*

Does that make sense to you? Do you understand that? Did I explain the concept adequately to you? I am not sure since you didn't seem to understand me the first time based off your response UmbreonLover.

If AJ and this website are removing user's uploads, and not just uploading someone else's work but uploading OUR OWN WORK at the claim that someone else "owns" the work WE created, then how is can anyone else be willing to make work on the game in the fear it can just be claimed by someone else that doesn't even own the character.

Why am I even having to explain this to you UmbreonLover? You are not a dumb person. I know that from what I have read from you.

"They will found other site such as ulmf, hentaifoundry and many other forum contents. HCM is not the only place to go lol
Some rather to have discord, telegram, skype, and even twitter itself. So really? there's many places you can go to :mrgreen:"

I'm not sure how serious you are or not. But just in case you are being serious and not facetious, what if a user has already had issues on one of those platforms? What is a user isn't willing to take the same risks they have here some place else? HCM was created as a solution to the way things were on OTHER platforms already. Do you comprehend that? The situation is already at a point where this was an alternative created out of the need for one.

And a supposed save haven has become another trap. If someone else wants to start making new content and they have the motivation to put up with the toxic community I commend them for it.

But do you think everyone will be able to do it? Can you not imagine we are going to be missing out on some potential future content creators because of this?

Replying to Tetchi

@ bobbysharks

"You can cooperate if you like in this idea, you also know about the MUGEN +18 topic, your participation is also valuable.

And well, you said that you just want to go directly to create, that's fine, but keep in mind that just like any other species on the planet, it took us millions of years to put a satellite into orbit and it took time to do it, even with its respective differences also applies to this, everything takes effort and time and taking shortcuts is fine but it is not always the most recommended, if you want to learn I will teach you for free without any commitment, you want the easy shortcut I will help you too just be on time exactly what you want, but you alone will be responsible for how you apply the knowledge that it can give you. Note, I don't know everything but as far as my brain can help you."

I have no desire for shortcuts or the easy way out. That only cheapens the end result. I have the time and I used to have the willingness and effort to do whatever it took to put in the time and effort to learn. Not just to learn what code to copy and paste, but I wanted to learn to understand the code so I didn't have to copy and paste I could write my own.

But that desire was soured by recent events. Can you understand that? My issue beyond this point is not myself but concern on how new people that join Mugen that are fresh and eager that want to learn may find this environment off putting, discouraging, ugly, toxic, and something that they realize they do not actually want to be a part of.

Based on my personal experience, I will not be recommending Mugen to anyone anymore, and have had to upset many people that enjoy my content but thankfully they are understanding. I just wonder if other people would be.

" Vikal » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:45 pm

This is a clown fiesta honestly, no wonder japanese bros shit on our "community". I finally realize why they hate us."

It's pretty remarkable how quickly my absolute joy and delight with this game and with me getting a new computer able to get back into it with collaborations with new creators, turned into utter distain, disgust, and regret.

For my part that I played into this I apologize for.