Fix character portrait blocking half of screen?

Technical support for Characters, Stages or Screenpacks

Moderator: Moderator

Arahabaki

Fix character portrait blocking half of screen?

Post by Arahabaki »

This characters portrait blocks basically the whole screen in matches. How do I fix that?
Tetchi

Re: Fix character portrait blocking half of screen?

Post by Tetchi »

Use the FF, (in another message I gave you the link) to analyze which sprite causes this and modify it to your liking for correct operation, possibly the sprites contained in groups 9000,0 and 9000,1 of that char are customized for some screenpack or you are using custom life bars that call a sprite that is by sheer luck in the group that is declared to work on the life bar you are using, whatever the case, also check the file fight.def and analyze where the portrait face of the life bar is declared and the first thing I comment on.

See also the MUGEN creators link for more information.
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
UmbreonLover

Post by UmbreonLover »

Just like Tetchi said, its related to 9000,0 and 9000,1. Either the numbers of X & Y are too far part (this mean, someone may have moved it by accident.) I don't believe "mugen.config", or "fight.def" is going to fix it, since its graphic issues.

you can also fix it by editing the numbers of the X & Y, or shrinking down the sprite/image until it looks right
I visit this forum when I remember I exist!
Arahabaki

Post by Arahabaki »

My issue with FF was that I was using FF Ultimate where the sprites didn't show up so I was trying to figure out what was wrong. Turns out some only load on FF3 so I downloaded that and found the sprite I needed to edit. Thanks for the help