Do you think it'll bounce back?

Offtopic section

Moderator: Moderator

moko_moko

Re: Do you think it'll bounce back?

Post by moko_moko »

Now, let's talk about whether MUGEN's scale will recover.

Unfortunately, the scale will not recover naturally.
However, MUGEN is technically from the previous era, so it is natural that the number will decrease. That can't be helped.

If we hope for recovery, we will either have to create a system to support it, or we will have to wait for a good creator to appear and support him.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

I came to think that ikemen was going to save mugen from obsolescence.
but I see that ikemen is very green, very mature.
It's like a kind of Very incompatible beta version, not only with the screenpacks and various chars of mugen 1.1.
but, what worries me the most and that I don't understand is because it also has problems with chars +18, they don't work in ikemen.
so for that part, even a new engine can't be as good as mugen 1.1 was
for my part I would not consider changing mugen 1.1 for ikemen, unless they solve those strange crashes.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

and if that is not solved, then it would be as if ikemen took all the chars that worked in version 1.1 and voted them to the trash.
they would have to do everything again, but with the difference that the code is compatible with ikemen, and I don't think the creators have the desire to do something like that.
Then the only way would be that ikemen could interpret the codes of the previous mugen well and implement the new codes of course.
And if that happened I guess many would be encouraged to create more characters for this new "mugen engine" so to speak.
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

Oh and by the way there is something that is annoying.
I know it's annoying that there are people out there asking for characters, although I understand them.
I don't blame them, that's why I try to help some other user.
I know that making a character +18 takes quite a long time, it all depends on your skill.
but it bothers me a little that this +18 content thing is becoming a small market.
Mugen is free right?
or for example you buy any game, the creators sell it to you.
for that part everything is fine, but then a user arrives and uses data from the game to create a mod.
Made from the game, and then this user suddenly wants to sell the mod.
That fucks me up, they shouldn't be getting paid for it.
Someone mentioned above that the guys who create +18 characters used existing fighting characters as a base, i.e. they are editing something that they did not create.
they just "edit" it and then "charge".
Well, it seems to me that this should not be the case, if it is something that was made from scratch and is a completely original idea of the author, because it seems to me that in that situation if he has the right to charge.
Not the rest!

That's what I think for my part. ;)
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Zeb2345, It is a pleasure to read your accurate comments.

No new engine is going to save anything, if the community itself doesn't do something, if it just keeps asking and doesn't contribute anything, what's the point of having something "new" if they can't create for that engine...

I suppose that the non-functioning of the chars +18 in the new engine gives the community's response, "poorly made edits do not work here" just copying and oegsr code without knowing what is being done shows the errors in something that if you read it codes and if they are not adequate, it simply does not work.

I am not a pessimist, but I doubt that the +18 MUGEN community will shine as before and I am referring to content creation, not editing. But hey, it's a hobby, no one is obligated to anything, enjoy what there is and if it's edited garbage (and poorly edited in sprites and codes) don't complain, it's what it is.

It would be interesting to create a kind of council of MUGEN +18 creators or something like that, where the creators who are left and want to participate could perhaps do something for what is left of the community or simply see how there is nothing and continue on the Olympus of glory and continue to enjoy our creations :p
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

thank you tetchi I appreciate your denotation regarding my opinions.
You are right, if the community does nothing then even a new engine will be of absolutely no use.
so on that side both you and I agree that the outlook regarding mugen is very gray and complicated on that side.
a new engine in which the previous characters are useless? I think it is better not to make any engine that will not even have compatibility with its predecessor.
In your second point you are also right.,
Making edits to characters is not just copying and pasting code from other characters to create a kind of Frankenstein, because this is not going to work. I checked it myself when I was trying to edit or create characters by copying and pasting codes.
They just don't work.
In your third point you also have another very correct reason the +18 community is no longer even the shadow of what it was before, it seems that no one wants to do anything new anymore.
they only limit themselves to editing and copying, and if there is or is any good editing then unfortunately it is private.
And finally, what you say is interesting is a very good idea the few breeders or enthusiasts that are left should do something to prevent this community from sinking, it seems to me that this community deserves to return.
And I know this isn't going to end yet. Or so I want to think. I refuse to let this end.
tochimare9999

Post by tochimare9999 »

That's where the problems with mugen content have the toxic spirit; mugenryona is not a single author, mugenryona is a community of many collectors who have created mugen 18+, and we are attacking ourselves by denying and privatizing free access for that others learn and preserve the new tradition of making erotic games from a singleMugen Engine, if Japan gives up and privatizes it then the world will never be dedicated to mugen again, if in the mugenryona community there is rivalry and selfishness of not releasing the content open source by MugenRyona; then that would be the end, and there will only be a few erotic video games, which instead of being mugenryona, will be video games for monetized adults, with the sole interest of cleaning our money, putting an end to the mugenryona code, which was more free and easy access.!!!

It is true, the Mugen engine & the Ikemen engine have limited functions because the open source code was removed by its creator before being released. The damage has already been done, it cannot be corrected. Japan is not perfect, but it is not generous either! This is the cruel and limited world
Tetchi

Post by Tetchi »

Let's hope that the community prevails and not only cannibalizes itself, which is what is happening and I agree with your point of view Zeb2345, this is not over yet until the fat woman sings :p

On the other hand, they comment that MUGENRYONA, this, that but for practical purposes it is another community of the nationality that you like in this case Japanese and then what? Whatever a community does, whether for their own purposes or to share it, is something that they manage and if you as a user are uncomfortable with it, you only have a soup "FUCK YOU" a community is not going to change because of the crying of some who are not even of that country (without being decriminative, be careful) they are only their uses and customs and as such you only have to accept them, if they privatize their content, it is their actions and you should only respect it, yes you can complain and cry, but nothing will change it.

Now, what can we do from oneself, not the others, the change begins with oneself, with learning, contributing, sharing sounds trite and even basic but there is nothing more, you want to fly and you don't even know how to do it...

If someone sells, privatizes or only shows and shares their content, it is their decision, whether it is a community or personal one, you should not be uncomfortable, better have tolerance and empathy for their decision and the only thing left is to learn so that you can do things yourself and if in That process you meet people with your same thoughts in common because the better the path becomes more fun :)
http://tetchi2015.blog.2nt.com
Zeb2345 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pmthe fucking master
UmbreonLover wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:57 amneeds to be rewards with...
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

tochimare9999 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:27 am That's where the problems with mugen content have the toxic spirit; mugenryona is not a single author, mugenryona is a community of many collectors who have created mugen 18+, and we are attacking ourselves by denying and privatizing free access for that others learn and preserve the new tradition of making erotic games from a singleMugen Engine, if Japan gives up and privatizes it then the world will never be dedicated to mugen again, if in the mugenryona community there is rivalry and selfishness of not releasing the content open source by MugenRyona; then that would be the end, and there will only be a few erotic video games, which instead of being mugenryona, will be video games for monetized adults, with the sole interest of cleaning our money, putting an end to the mugenryona code, which was more free and easy access.!!!

It is true, the Mugen engine & the Ikemen engine have limited functions because the open source code was removed by its creator before being released. The damage has already been done, it cannot be corrected. Japan is not perfect, but it is not generous either! This is the cruel and limited world
You're so right.
As long as the Japanese refuse to share their content with the "other side" for describing it that way, then there will be no way to unite the community and resurface the +18 content.
Of course, convincing these guys is something useless I guess, apparently they have no plans to collaborate with "Foreigners" which is what they call us.
So for that part it is also not to be expected that our Asian partners will lend us a hand. :D
Zeb2345

Post by Zeb2345 »

Tetchi wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:12 pm Let's hope that the community prevails and not only cannibalizes itself, which is what is happening and I agree with your point of view Zeb2345, this is not over yet until the fat woman sings :p

On the other hand, they comment that MUGENRYONA, this, that but for practical purposes it is another community of the nationality that you like in this case Japanese and then what? Whatever a community does, whether for their own purposes or to share it, is something that they manage and if you as a user are uncomfortable with it, you only have a soup "FUCK YOU" a community is not going to change because of the crying of some who are not even of that country (without being decriminative, be careful) they are only their uses and customs and as such you only have to accept them, if they privatize their content, it is their actions and you should only respect it, yes you can complain and cry, but nothing will change it.

Now, what can we do from oneself, not the others, the change begins with oneself, with learning, contributing, sharing sounds trite and even basic but there is nothing more, you want to fly and you don't even know how to do it...

If someone sells, privatizes or only shows and shares their content, it is their decision, whether it is a community or personal one, you should not be uncomfortable, better have tolerance and empathy for their decision and the only thing left is to learn so that you can do things yourself and if in That process you meet people with your same thoughts in common because the better the path becomes more fun :)
That's right, tetchi. This isn't over yet, gentlemen. This is still going on.
The mugen-ryona people "privatize" their content, so to speak.
It is something that at first puzzled me but as I mentioned before.
These guys are very firm about their decisions and it is very unlikely that we "foreigners" will ever work hand in hand with the Japanese.
As for the second thing you mentioned, it is also very true.
We have to do something, if we do nothing then this situation will not solve itself.
It is necessary that a group of people volunteer to save this get down to work.
But in the last thing you mentioned tetchi I must be honest and say that I do not agree with privatization, it seems selfish to me that there are editors out there who only mock by showing their "private editions" by video, and I know that they do it to annoy those who can not or do not know how to create or edit a character.
Editing a character is not like learning to say "Hello" in English.
It's hard, but you shouldn't be bothering those editors with your private edits videos.
let them keep them for themselves for personal use, but do not come to annoy those who are just starting out in this world of +18 with their strange editions.
Tetchi don't deny me that that doesn't seem selfish to you.

Because you know very well that those guys do that kind of thing to annoy others.